Alaska Women Ascend is currently accepting applications to participate in an eight-month "Get Elected" training program designed for progressive women of all ages who are interested in learning more about running for public office, managing a campaign, or being a campaign treasurer.
- Who is eligible? Progressive Alaska Women (Registered Democrat, Nonpartisan, or Undeclared). We train women who are pro-choice, pro-LGBTQ rights, and pro-union.
- When is the program? One Saturday per month from September 2018 through May 2019 (excluding December).
- Where is the program? Trainings are held in Anchorage. There is an option to attend the trainings online for those outside of Anchorage.
- Who are the trainers? Program trainers are Alaska leaders, including current and former elected officials, candidates, managers and campaign professionals, who are volunteering their time to prepare progressive women to win public office.
- What is the cost? Total fee is $200 for entire training. Scholarships may be available.
September 8 - Kickoff
September 14 - networking social
October 13 - Building a foundation to run
November 17 - Elements of a winning campaign
January 12 – Elements of a winning campaign
February 9 – Skill building
March 9 - Skill building
April 6 – Skill building
May 4 – Ethical leadership/core values